01 July 2005

tick, tock, tick, tock... --oh yeah, and Xylitol

That is the sound of silence.
Nothing much happening.

But be sure to check out the Where's Gavin Mobile Blog... CLICK HERE you can look at my messed up legs.

Gavin has another appt July 12th... well he may not have to go, may just be me. But in anticipation I have ordered some of the Glutathione lotion from Kirkman's. I also orders some Vance's Dairy Free and Pea Protein powder. I would love to start weaning Liam off of crappy Pharma Made Aluminium laden SOY formula. Hopefully the Vance's with or without the protein powder will be nutritionally sound for a ten month old. I'll have to wait to see the label.

I am also going to start myself on some EFA's and C&E (C&E make for better use of fish oils in the body I a told!) and a multi. I have made a promise to myself to take them more a month without fail to see how I feel!! ROFL, I have a bad habit of sticking to a routine for 3 days... then pitching the pills three years later when they expired! --we'll see.

Also as a public service annoucement I am going to make a post here about Xylitol/Ear Infections and Chiropractic Care...

Copied and Pasted from a message board I am on:

Please, I know some of you may think I am the "Alternative Hippie" when it comes to health care, I hope at this point though you've caught on that this is a total 180 for me, I have been on both sides of the fence and used to think people like ME NOW, were the downfall of medicine ROFL.
Having said that....

I will go get the URL for the article where I got this info, BUT you ALL need to buy this stuff http://www.millnut.com/product.asp?itemid=70&catid=9
Its Xylitol --a NATURAL sweetner. STUDIES have been done on TUBES, SURGERIES, ANTIBIOTICS, and STERIODS. NONE OF THOSE THINGS WERE SHOWN TO HAVE ANY EFFECT ON LESSENING OR PREVENTING EAR INFECTIONS

However there have been two things that DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Xylitol and Chiropractic Care.

Read the whole page but here is the part about ear infections

"Preventing Middle Ear Infections
Consuming eight to ten grams of xylitol per day led to a 30% decrease in ear infections in children after two to three months of use.7 Xylitol was well tolerated by the children. Researchers believe that xylitol used regularly helps inhibit the growth of Streptococcus pneumoniae as well as the attachment of both pneumococci and Haemophilus influenzae to the nasopharyngeal cells, thus helping prevent infections."

I like the part it supresses appitite!!! woo hoo!!! and it does not raise insulin levels. I am going to give this to Liam, Gavin and the adults in the house!!!

READ:
http://www.drgreene.org/body.cfm?id=21&action=detail&ref=646
http://www.drgreene.org/body.cfm?id=21&action=detail&ref=837

Also, Chiropractions do not CLAIM to HEAL anything, BUT when you fix subluxs in the spine and get the Central Nervous System working properly --your immune system works BETTER.
Spinal alignments are gentle on babies. I had the impression it was rough like on adults. I was misguided. Its very gentle on my kids, and on me as well actually.

Here is the Ped. Org. for Chiropractics.
http://www.icpa4kids.com/locator/index.php
--this lists docs with a ped. certification. Some of your local docs will not be listed, BUT are quite capable. If you are hesitant, ask them for referal,s pt.'s who are willing to talk to you, who have been taking their kids there for a while.

YOU MUST READ THIS... lol this is from the iVillage gods!!

http://parenting.ivillage.com/baby/bhealth/0,,40l3,00.html
Here is part of it:

It has been shown that the type of antibiotic therapy used does not influence recovery from otitis media, or the length of time for which it was given. Those who received no antibiotics at all had improved rates of recovery (Froom et al., 1990).

It has been found that 93 percent of all episodes of otitis media treated improved with chiropractic care. Seventy-five percent of the cases improved in 10 days or less, and 43 percent with only one or two adjustment (Froehle, 1996).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home